Monday, July 14, 2008

Bike Ride

So I survived the MacDonalds Late Ride 2008 - took about 3 hours to complete the 25 mile bike run. I took it slow and was pleased that at the end I could have gone more. I was able to see the lake at sunrise as I was passing by that point around 4:50 am.
It was very very beautiful. Highlights of red, orange danced on the water and navy pier never looked better.

Mcdonalds had a rather disappointing breakfast waiting for us at the finish line. No sausage, no eggs, no pancakes :) just a bagel, cream cheese, rotten apple slices, chocolate milk and a stale cookie. I kid you not, my apple slices were rotten.

Vitamin water was there - thank god - I needed some sugar in me cause the race actually started at 2:25am - at least that is when my color group was called to race. Unbelievable.

No comments: